Make your own breakfast sausage at home without the added sugar and preservatives. Make ahead of time to freeze or enjoy fresh!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh sage (about 10 leaves) or 2 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mace
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1-2 tbsp tallow or other cooking fat for frying
- Combine spices with beef and mix well. You can use your hands or a spatula.
- Form sausage into patties (I typically make 3-4 patties per pound).
- Heat tallow in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook sausage patties for 8-10 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook for another 7-8 minutes on the second side until fully cooked
- Alternatively, place sausage patties on a cookie sheet and bake at 400F for 18-20 minutes. No need to flip mid baking.