These muffins are free of nuts, grains, eggs, dairy and added sugars. Make a batch to save for breakfasts or snacks each week. They're also safe on our candida cleanse!
- food processor
- 3/4 cup pureed butternut squash or pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 5 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup berries
- Blend all ingredients in food processor (except berries).
- Then add berries of choice and stir so they are distributed evenly throughout the batter. Scoop into greased or lined muffin tin. You may add more berries on top for garnish.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Check to see if they're slightly golden brown on top. If not done all the way bake for 5 more minutes.
- Turn oven off and let cool for a few minutes. Then remove and let cool completely before eating. Enjoy!
If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can use a no sugar added sweetener of choice, like xyla. Use about 1/4 cup.