Thanksgiving Recipes 2022
Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! As you’re doing your shopping and prepping we want you to keep in mind some great tips and tricks for having holiday food that’s delicious and healthy. Here are a few tips for staying compliant this holiday season!
Lots of recipes can be made compliant with simple substitutions:
- Milk: Unsweetened coconut milk or coconut cream, or hemp milk
- Eggs: 1 flax egg (1 TBS ground flaxseed combined with 3 TBS hot water=1 egg. Combine and place in freezer for ten minutes) or try the Neat Egg (chia seeds and garbanzo beans)
- Bread crumbs or other toppings for casseroles: try crushing up Epic pork rinds on top of your stuffing or green bean casserole for a low carb crunch
- White Potatoes: Japanese Sweet Potatoes or Mashed Cauliflower (recipe below!)
- Rice: Wild Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with cranberries
- Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes”
- Paleo Stuffing
- Sweet Potato Sausage Stuffing
- Paleo Green Bean Casserole: you can use the recipe for the “fried” onions, or can used crushed pork rinds.
- “Cheesy” Sweet Potato Casserole
- Roasted Cauliflower and Parsnip Mash
- Sweet Potato Casserole (can use coconut milk instead of cashew milk if nut free; if nut free can use pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut for topping)
- Gravy (omit the dash of heavy cream!)
- Pumpkin Buckwheat Bread
- Paleo “Cornbread” Muffins
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows (optional) (this recipe calls for AIP marshmallows from Sweet Apricity, but if you prefer not to use marshmallows you can also use Paleo Krunch granola for the topping! Just mix with a little melted butter and sprinkle on top)
- Cranberry Sauce: sweetened with honey instead of sugar
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins: you could top these with this pumpkin butter frosting recipe for a cupcake option
- Chocolate Shortbread Bars: chocolate layer optional; can replace with shredded coconut and dried cherries; can also use sunbutter instead of almond butter
- Pumpkin Pie: this recipe has taken a few years to perfect but we finally created a perfect paleo pumpkin pie recipe!
- Apple Pie: If sensitive to nuts, use the pie crust recipe above and use the filling from this recipe. You can also use this keto pie crust recipe (contains egg).
- Coconut Flour Cupcakes: these cupcakes are delicious, and made with caramel frosting made out of coconut sugar.
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Frosting: This frosting can be used on the cupcakes. If you cannot have chocolate, use carob powder instead of cocoa!
- Chocolate Covered Tahini Caramels: for the chocolate coating, you can use Lily’s chocolate chips melted or substitute Missy J’s Carob Chips if you are sensitive to cocoa.
- 3 Ingredient Fudge: can substitute carob powder for cocoa powder
- Whipped cream: canned coconut cream (refrigerated, must be coconut cream not milk). Empty entire contents into blender with a bit of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar of choice and blend on high until fluffy!
- Paleo Pumpkin squares: this recipe uses the eatgangster sugar cookie mix as the crust.
- Paleo Pumpkin Cheesecake: contains nuts
- No-Bake Lemon Strawberry Cheesecake: contains nuts, gluten, dairy free, paleo
If you have any favorite recipes please feel free to share so we can add to our repertoire!